Majuto ni mjukuu @Kenya

This blog is for people who do not have time to read long articles which go on forever.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I realised that I was being tricked to enter a nolle prosecui

"Muite is a close friend of Kiraitu Murungi and I think he had convinced Kiraitu to help him get the case dropped. When I was DPP, Kiraitu approached me several times, asking me to drop the case. But I advised him that this was a matter that could only be handled by the Attorney General," says Philip Murgor.

He says that, a day before President Kibaki named his national unity cabinet in June 2004, Kiraitu asked him to drop the case to avoid embarrassment as Muite was due to be named minister.

"What I found strange was that the AG had just flown out. I talked with the AG in Netherlands about the case. But the AG declined, arguing that the matter could be dealt with if and when Muite were named minister as we could not start talking about something that had not happened," says Murgor.

"When the list of the Cabinet was being read out," continues Murgor, "I was in Kiraitu’s office. When I didn’t hear Muite’s name, I asked Kiraitu why, but he did not give me a substantive answer. He said the President had quietly listened to him and Murungaru arguing for Muite’s inclusion in the Cabinet, but in the end picked Njenga Karume instead. I realised that I was being tricked to enter a nolle prosecui in this case," he said. The Standrad 8 2006

Comment: Well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home